How does the MediCare Flu Vaccination service work?
Simply make an appointment via our online booking with your preferred MediCare Pharmacy and save the date in your diary.
The vaccination is a one to one service lasting approximately 10 – 15 minutes per patient and includes a risk assessment, vaccination and post vaccination monitoring.
Why Choose to get vaccinated against Flu?
- During the current Pandemic, it will provide you with protection from seasonal flu which itself can have a significant impact on personal and public health
- Flu is one of the top three causes of time off work which may affect your levels of income.
- It can have a disruptive impact on family life leaving you incapacitated for a period of time.
- It is a safe and effective way to avoid what can be an unpleasant illness.
When should I get vaccinated?
MediCare Flu Vaccinations are available now and it is advised to get protection as soon as possible and whilst vaccines are still available
You may be entitled to a free NHS flu vaccination from your doctor, if you are: • Aged 65 or over • Pregnant Or, if you have specific conditions including: • Diabetes • Lung disease including asthma • Heart disease etc… Please speak to your GP for details.
‘‘The MediCare Pharmacist put my mother at ease. She suffers from anxiety and dementia. Whole process went very smoothly. Thanks to the Pharmacist and all the staff’’
At MediCare Pharmacy Group we take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of our customers and staff.
- You must complete a declaration of COVID-19 status when making your online booking.
- We would remind you that it is mandatory to wear face covering when attending this appointment.
- Please arrive ‘just on time’ for your appointment to avoid a build-up of waiting customers.
- The consultation area is cleaned after every appointment and pharmacy staff will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during your vaccination.
- Due to restrictions on the number of people allowed into the pharmacy at any one time, we would ask you to come alone unless a chaperone is required.
MediCare Walk-in Service
Book Your Appointment Here
We are currently offering Flu Vaccinations from three pharmacies; Forestside, Northcott and Dundonald.
To book in Forestside Pharmacy, Forestside Shopping Centre 16 Upper Galwally, Belfast BT8 6FX please click here
To book in Dundonald Pharmacy, 967 Upper Newtownards Rd, Belfast BT16 1RL, please click here
To book in Northcott Pharmacy, Northcott Shopping Centre, Ballyclare Rd, Glengormley, Newtownabbey BT36 5EA please click here
How do I book my appointment?
Select the most suitable MediCare pharmacy below and click on the link.
This will take you into that pharmacies booking page and allow you to complete the required details –
- Select the available date/time that suits you best (appointments are available from 1st December 2020)
Enter the required details (if you are a corporate client and have been provided a code from MediCare Head Office, please add into address field as shown below)
Complete the COVID pre-assessment and if the answer is no to all questions, tick the box
Then complete your booking
You will receive e-mail confirmation and reminder about your booked appointment
MediCare Corporate Service
MediCare Pharmacy Group can provide a number of suitable solutions for corporate clients to allow their teams to avail of the seasonal flu vaccination. We can arrange for onsite clinics (conditions apply) or provide online booking and pharmacy visits (as described above), which may be more suitable for those organisations who are still working remotely.
We can organise central billing as required.
If you would like MediCare Pharmacy Group to provide a flu vaccination service for your business/organisation or school, please contact Professional Services Manager – Colin Deehan – to provide further detail on this service, at MediCare House:
Tel: 02890708800Email email@example.com