In April 2022 the Department of Health announced a SECOND COVID-19 vaccine booster. To be vaccinated at Community Pharmacy, you must be in an eligible cohort as defined by the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Eligible cohorts for the SECOND COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Moderna);
- Care Home Residents
- Over 75's
- Immunosuppressed adults over 18
All patients must have a minimum of 3 months between administration of their last COVID vaccine dose and their booster.
The COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Moderna) is available at the following locations, please select your nearest location to book:
- Ahoghill, 21-23 Main Street, Ballymena
- Carrickhill, 3 Carrick Hill, Belfast
- Deenys, 34 St. Patrick's Avenue, Downpatrick
- Dunville, 103 Falls Road, Belfast
- Forestside, 16 Forestside Centre, Belfast
- Greenisland, 1 Knockleigh Drive, Greenisland
- Limavady, 38-40 Main Street, Limavady
- Mourne, 6a Beechmount Avenue, Strabane
- Newell Road, 50 Newell Road, Dungannon
- Tramways, Unit 8 Tramways Centre, Newtownabbey
- Village, Units 3&4 Northside Centre, Derry/Londonderry
- Warnocks, 8 Market Lane, Lisburn
MediCare Pharmacy Group, as the largest local pharmacy chain in Northern Ireland, are delighted to be able to further support our local communities, by providing the COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Moderna) Service across Northern Ireland.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Moderna) is only available to individuals registered with a GP practice in Northern Ireland.
- Members of the public can only receive the COVID-19 Vaccine Booster (Moderna) from the pharmacy if they fall into one of the cohorts of patients as approved by the Department of Health
- The pharmacy is required to carry out patient eligibility checks and patient health checks prior to any vaccine being administered.
- Patients will be observed for a short time after the vaccination
If you require more information regarding availability or eligibility please contact the above branches directly or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.