To be vaccinated at Community Pharmacy, you must be registered with a GP in Northern Ireland and in an eligible cohort as defined by the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
Eligible cohorts for Moderna Vaccine;
- Aged 18 years and over
For more information on eligibility please visit HSC Public Health Agency
If you have received your first vaccination at another clinic, it is possible to get your second Moderna vaccination in MediCare
Due to the high demand for COVID-19 vaccine appointments, you may experience delays in the page loading. Please bare with us or try again in 15 mins.
The Moderna Vaccine is available at the following four locations, please select your nearest location to book:
- MediCare Deeny's Pharmacy, Downpatrick
- MediCare Hatmore, Derry / L'Derry
- MediCare Rathmore, Derry / L'Derry
MediCare Pharmacy Group, as the largest local pharmacy chain in Northern Ireland, are delighted to be able to further support our local communities, by providing the COVID-19 Community Pharmacy Vaccine Service across Northern Ireland.
- NI COVID Vaccination programme is only available to individuals registered with a GP practice in Northern Ireland.
- Members of the public can only receive the COVID vaccination from the pharmacy if they fall into one of the cohorts of patients as approved by the Department of Health – see cohorts here
- The pharmacy is required to carry out patient eligibility checks and patient health checks prior to any vaccine being administered.
- Patients will be observed for a short time after the vaccination
All those who have received a first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will be offered their second vaccine 8 weeks after the first.